Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let peace begin with me...

Last week Miss O had an open house at her school. The classes all showed off their projects and it was so cute! The first grade theme was peace. During the week they did things like write a letter to the president expressing their wishes for peace and did a number of projects in the same theme. She was so proud of her work!

One of the projects asked how you could make peace at home. Her answer was "getting ready in the morning and stop fighting with my brother". I had to laugh because "fighting" with Mr. B is pretty much one sided at this point, and getting ready and to school on time is a daily struggle so she hit that right on the head!

I am always amazed at how much they are learning at her school both academically and socially. I was so proud of my big first grader!

In other news...tonight I made "The Mushroom Soup" from the Tasty Kitchen. It was to die for! I highly recommend it!! The "blizzard" we were supposed to get today turned out to be a dud. Call me crazy but I was a little disappointed as I was looking forward to the snow...and maybe a snow day tomorrow! Somehow the snow makes everything more fun...at least for a native New Englander like me!

1 comment: